I am writing this post because there is something that caught my attention , one day, a very important Social Media leader here in the US told me that I am a great connector.
All of us, in one way or other, have more developed skills than others, which is a normal in all human beings.
I want to make it clear that these points are according to my own personal and professional experience.
If you have the skills to be a connector, and you want to develop much more, here are 10 tips to identify and connect with people:
- Recognize that you have that skill.
- Notice the leadership skills that these professionals have in the different social media platforms.
- Empathize with the professionals we want to connect.
- Distinguish the added value that can be given in the near future when connecting to these professionals.
- Analyze some skills in common such as specialty, language, topics, fields, ideas, good manners, vocabulary, etc.
- Look at different patterns of behavior online (yes, we can identify patterns of online behavior).
- See the different patterns of behavior offline (if we know people in person, of course it will help much more).
- Analyze his or her network and how it interacts with them and with you.
- Identify if these professionals are likely to help and share with each other.
- Be yourself!
I hope that you find these 10 tips useful, and most importantly, apply them in real life if you think that you are a good connector or maybe to improve your skills.
Source : My Own Experience
Image : Google Images.