Hi there !
Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of activity on LinkedIn, which is very good, and some people were asking me about how to improve their presence on this platform and according Business Insider, this network just announced a major landmark: 300 million members around the world now use the service .
And I thought : Sarah Santacroce has the answers!!, because, she is a LinkedIn Specialist.
Sarah, very kindly, answered my three questions in this interview about LinkedIn :
1. In your opinion, what are the three main characteristics that a professional should have on their LinkedIn profile ?
- A professional profile picture, because, visual branding is important.
- A keyword optimized headline,
- and your contact details.
2. Should LinkedIn users ask for recommendations and endorsements on their network ?
- They should ask for recommendations and send a personalized request.
- Never use a LinkedIn default text to ask a recommendation
3. Could you suggest some tips to users on the improvement of their presence on this platform ?
We have different ways to engage on LinkedIn here some :
- Share someone else’s update and give them credit
- Comment on someone else’s update
- Comment on a discussion in one of your LinkedIn Groups
- Share your blog posts with your network
- Thank people for endorsements
- Make your profile visible ( is a must ).
I want to thank Sarah Santacroce from Switzerland, for this interview and I am sure these great answers will be very helpful .
You can reach Sarah here :
Web Page : Simplicity – Simple Small Business Solution
LinkedIn : Sarah Santacroce
Google + : Sarah Santacroce
Twitter : @
ps. you can read this interview on Spanish version here