Everyone knows that some parts of the United States is being hit by a huge blizzard, called Juno .
Which means a great Newsjacking opportunity, right ?
Very important points according with HubSpot’s guide :
- Set Up Alerts
- Check Keyword Search Volume
- Read About Your Topic
- Write Quickly, but Accurately
- Differentiate Yourself
- Get the Word Out
Whats is a Blizzard?
According with Wikipedia:
A blizzard as a severe snowstorm characterized by strong winds causing blowing snow that results in low visibilities. The difference between a blizzard and a snowstorm is the strength of the wind, not the amount of snow. To be a blizzard, a snow storm must have sustained winds or frequent gusts that are greater than or equal to 56 km/h (35 mph) with blowing or drifting snow which reduces visibility to 400 m or 0.25 mi or less and must last for a prolonged period of time.
Social Media, Mobile and Blizzard
Mobiles are great ally and through Social Media channels, help a lot in this type of natural disasters, because :
- Get alerts from authorities and their recommendations.
- Weathers channels compete with each other generating traffic.
- Share situations of high alert among users
- Generate engagement with many customers, friends, colleagues. followers in real time.
- Deals : many stores offer discount via their social channels.
- Share : is a great opportunity to share images of how the situation is going.
- Be fun and creative : TV networks/ Newspaper encourage their audience to share with images or storytelling.
- Instagram rocks with the contest.
- Supermarkets and stores sold almost 90% of their products.
- More jobs opportunities to contractors for remove the snow.
- Increasing the rent ( or buy ) of special equipment for remove the snow.
Stay warm folk, best from Boston
Here My Backyard Today